About this Blog

Monday 10 April 2023

Vale of Cashmere, April 10th, 2023

time just passes 
and I can’t do anything about it

I look up and it is 
five forty-five pm
soon I won’t have light to read by
soon I won’t have thumbs

I have this feeling I’m 
emptying out
as though a leech outside dimensions
sucks stealthily at what is 
most mine

maybe a thousand things more will happen to me
maybe I’ll love again
maybe I’ll become a hero or just
get another chance to talk
to all my old friends

but all this will end 
inside a moment like this 
like this one now

I know it with a 
pure knowing
that needs no concept
I understand it again and again

and yet I go on 
believing that this life
this life! 
will have made a difference to me
by the end

(look, now it’s five fifty pm)


No comments:

Post a Comment